**UPDATE: December 17– I have removed delicious and a few other sites that no longer exist. Download Now.**
The past two weeks I’ve sporadically been working on a comprehensive list of the sites I feel are most important for Social Marketing, SEO, and Promotions in these categories:
- Free Email accounts
- “The Big Guys” (ie, Twitter and Facebook)
- Social Bookmarketing Sites
- Video Websites
- Blogging & Content Feed Sites
- Photos Sites
- Social Sites / Aggregation
- RSS Feed Directories
- Blog Dumps
- Article Sites
- Press Release Submission
- Email Campaign
How to Use This List
I took it a step further and added in a lot of information to help anyone who uses this list simply, streamline and log the process of creating accounts and connecting them.
First, there are 3 tabs on this Excel spreadsheet. Let me explain them:
1) Your Account Default Info – Insert your account information here so it is consistent when you sign up for sites. If you’re doing it manually, you can copy/paste this info. Many of these sites will also allow you to connect directly w/ a Facebook account, so if you have one already in place, you can easily get your account going in just 1 click.
2) Sites You Need – Here’s the big fat list. I’ll explain it next.
3) Submission Guidelines – Just some basic SEO and Promotions tips for building out profiles on all of these sites that have worked well for me.
Now, go to the second tab called “Sites You Need”. I’m going to explain how to use each column of this list.
- Domain Name – Click the link to access the Website.
- Username/Password – You can simply insert your account info here.
- Profile Page – This is the page (minus your Username) that your profile resides on.
- Feed Page – This is the page (minus your Username) that your RSS Feed resides on.
- PageRank – The Google PR – listed for reference, but you want your stuff on authoritative Websites!
- Link Love – Designates if the Website uses tactics to block links from passing value.
- In FB Sync – Designates if the site integrates to post content TO Facebook.
- Out FB Sync – Designates if the site integrates to accept content FROM Facebook.
- IN Twitter Sync – Designates if the site integrates to post content TO Facebook.
- Out Twitter Sync – Designates if the site integrates to accept content FROM Facebook.
- SITE NOTES – Thoughts about using that particular site that I thought would be helpful.
There are literally thousands of sites out there you can spend your time on. But I honestly believe the sites within are some of the more valuable places to put your content where people will actually find it.
Even if they do not pass any link value for your domains for SEO, the foot traffic here and the integration possibilities still make it worthwhile since in many cases you can automate the process of posting. So use your own discretion of how important your time is when building your social network and the sites you choose to place your content.